The Z370 is the perfect choice for those looking for a simple, high-performance motherboard that doesn't get in the way of their overclocked CPU. With support for cutting-edge technologies and a full range of overclocking solutions, it's the fastest and most powerful motherboard you can buy.
The Ryzen 5 3600 series is a powerful 24-core processor with up to 4.0 GHz base and 3.9 GHz boost clock speeds, making it a phenomenal value. And with AMD SenseMI Technology, it delivers unparalleled levels of control over your system performance. AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core, 12-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor Designed to serve the needs of every PC gamer.
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X is the world's first enthusiast-grade processor to be built with the same high-performance design and proven performance as the 2800X so your CPU will never run hot, just cool. Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor
- 3. Best overall: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core, 24-thread unlocked desktop processor
The AMD Ryzen 9 3900X is a 12-core processor with 8 MB of cache and 24 threads. It is designed to deliver the best possible performance for the price. It's time to play with the best. AMD Ryzen 9 3900X delivers 20%+ performance gains over previous-generation AMD Ryzen processors.
The AMD Ryzen 7 5800x is a 32-core, 16-thread 8-core processor whose clock speeds are clocked at 3.4 GHz. This processor can be configured with a max TDP of 95W. It is the first processor with unlocked multiplier and supports AM4 socket. Ryzen 7 5800x can boost up to 3.5 GHz and boosts top lane clock frequency to 4 GHz on unlocked variants and 4.
- 5. Best durable: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-core, 12-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor
Delivering over 8GHz Quad Core CPU performance with 16 threads and support for AMD AM4 Socket; This is a desktop AMD Ryzen 5 Processor which is designed to increase performance in demanding applications, reduce power consumption and provide a stable platform for overclocking.
ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming (WiFi 6) AMD AM4 Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 & 3rd Gen Ryzen ATX Gaming Motherboard (PCIe 4.0, 2.5Gb LAN, BIOS Flashback, HDMI 2.1, Addressable Gen 2 RGB Header and Aura Sync)View on Amazon
Last update on 2022-12-08 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
1. Can I overclock a gaming CPU?
- Overclocking is a process of overclocking a CPU to increase the clock speed. It can be achieved by increasing the voltage or by increasing the ratio of FSB/CPU frequency. More CPU cores and higher frequency are more power efficient in terms of energy consumption and heat dissipation.
2. Is a higher core count better than a faster core clock?
- Intel’s new 8th generation Core i5 and i7 processors are the best choices for gaming. These CPUs deliver great performance at a budget-friendly price.
3. Can I use my current motherboard to upgrade to a gaming CPU?
- The new Intel Core i7 processor is available in the market with a price tag that falls within the budget range. They are available in different variants, but there are some considerations to be made before purchasing one. It is advisable to go for a CPU that comes with integrated graphics for optimum performance.