You've seen those ads on TV featuring stainless steel appliances. You know they're the best. But are the vacuums all that great when cleaning hardwood floors? We all know that if it's not broken, don't fix it, right? So why spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on vacuums you don't need if you could get as much space-saving performance by using one of our floor cleaning machines?
- 1. Best Seller: Shark NV352 Navigator Lift Away Upright Vacuum
If you've ever struggled to clean up pet hair, an upright vacuum with easy-access attachments is just what you need. Vacuum more effectively, and enjoy more time by removing the brick! The Shark NV352 Lift-Away Upright Vacuum is designed to keep your living space clean, dust-free, and carpet free. It features a microfiber brush roll (max capacity 300 m2), three compartment bucket (max capacity 18 L), and ionizers that provide professional cleaning without chemicals.
- 2. Best Saving: BISSELL 2254 CleanView Swivel Rewind Pet Upright Bagless Vacuum
BISSELL tries to introduce a rugged new design with a perfectly smooth and rounded grip. The swivel feature on the bagless vacuum is still an awkward design that brings in too much drag, and even though the cleaner has been updated, the main heavy parts are still there. I hope they manage to eliminate the old trap door; the noise it makes when you move it or shake it gets annoying!
- 3. Best Style: Tineco Floor ONE S3 Cordless Hardwood Floors Cleaner
We all have had that horrible experience cleaning the floors with a cheap cleaner. Tineco Floor One S3 is perfect for getting around these issues because it works on all types of floors with minimal effort. And as a professional cleaner, you don't have to worry about damaging your expensive furniture or home.
- 4. Best Smart: Shark AZ1002 Apex Powered Lift-Away Upright Vacuum
The Shark AZ1002 vacuum comes with rugged, long-lasting performance backed by Shark's legendary technology. This vacuum system can perform effectively under tight spaces, such as under a staircase or behind cabinets. And its multi-purpose design enables you to use it in any room of your house without difficulty.
One is Hoover's WindTunnel® 3 Max Performance Pet, Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner. It offers up to 39% more suction by replacing the dirt cup with a supercharged motorized dirt sucker in which dirt is sucked into the motor for cleaning and then passed through the filter for filtration. It also packs 14% more power than most vacuum cleaners when set on a HEPA filter clean mode at 1370 RPM.
Shark NV352 Navigator Lift Away Upright Vacuum with Wide Upholstery and Crevice Tools, LavenderView on Amazon
Tineco Floor One S3 Cordless Hardwood Floors Cleaner, Lightweight Wet Dry Vacuum Cleaners for Multi-Surface Cleaning with Smart Control SystemView on Amazon
Shark AZ1002 Apex Powered Lift-Away Upright Vacuum with DuoClean & Self-Cleaning Brushroll, Crevice Tool, Upholstery Tool & Pet Power Brush, for a Deep Clean on & Above Floors, EspressoView on Amazon
Hoover WindTunnel 3 Max Performance Pet, Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner, HEPA Media Filtration, For Carpet and Hard Floor, UH72625, RedView on Amazon
Eureka NEU522 FloorRover Dash Upright Pet Vacuum Cleaner, Swivel Steering for Carpet and Hard Floor, Bagless, Deep OceanView on Amazon
eureka PowerSpeed Turbo Spotlight Lightweight Upright Vacuum Cleaner, for Carpet and Hard Floor, Pet Tool, OrangeView on Amazon
Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Tempo Bagged Upright Vacuum Cleaner with HEPA Media Filter, For Carpet and Hard Floor, UH30301, BlueView on Amazon
ORECK XL COMMERCIAL Upright Vacuum Cleaner, Bagged Professional Pro Grade, For Carpet and Hard Floor, XL2100RHS, Gray/BlueView on Amazon
- SCORE8.8AI Score
HC SCore is known as Artificial Intelligence, which is capable of simulating human intelligence expressed through programmed machines.( Read more )
- BrandORECK XL COMMERCIAL
Last update on 2023-06-07 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
- There are many vacuum designs for hardwood floors. There are upright vacuums for cleaning the whole house, canister vacuums that are simple to use, and stick vacuums that are perfect for quick cleanups and tight spaces. Choose a hardwood floor vacuum that meets your house's needs and cleaning preferences.
- For instance, homes with limited square footage may benefit from a cordless stick vacuum. A home with a large footprint or a combination of carpeting and hardwood flooring may benefit from an upright vacuum. Since hardwood floors also benefit from wet cleaning, several vacuums designed for hardwood floors are wet-dry. This vacuum may save you time and storage space (no more mop and bucket!) and increase your cleaning efficiency (no more mop and bucket!). The Shark VacMop Pro Cordless Hard Floor Vacuum Mop, our "best wet-dry" choice, impressed our testers since it effectively sucked up hair and small debris and left hard floors clean and gleaming with its simple-to-apply mopping solution.
- Even though a vacuum's suction strength is largely determined by its motor type, several other elements can influence its suction strength. A corded vacuum offers unlimited power if you have a large home or want to clean it for a long time. In addition, some corded vacuums have more suction power than their cordless counterparts; however, technical developments have enabled cordless vacuums to narrow this gap.
- The growing popularity of cordless brooms results from longer battery runtimes and increased cleaning power. (Note, our "best overall" pick, the Shark Vertex DuoClean PowerFins Cordless Stick Vacuum, has a battery life of 60 minutes.) Due to the simplicity of using and storing these models, many homeowners prefer them for routine hardwood floor maintenance and cleaning up small stains.
Weight and Maneuverability
- When searching for any vacuum, weight and portability are significant factors, but they are especially important when searching for the best vacuums for hardwood floors. The design of vacuums has progressed tremendously since the days when their wheels just rolled across smooth surfaces, but you still need to pay attention to the brush heads or rolls your vacuum has. Longer brushes and rubber rollers are required for a vacuum to collect rubbish from a slick surface properly.
- In addition, hardwood flooring gives minimal resistance to cleaning, so you should look for a lightweight vacuum that is yet effective at cleaning your flooring.
- Accessories can enhance the performance of a hardwood floor vacuum cleaner. Like other vacuum cleaners, most vacuums built for hardwood floors are equipped with a crevice tool for cleaning tight spots, such as below your sofa or around your appliances. Some include dusting attachments or upholstery tools for removing pet hair from furniture. The Shark Canister Pet Bagless Corded Vacuum, our recommendation for "best for pet hair," contains a multi-flex wand for eliminating dirt from your home's crevices. This wand significantly improves the vacuum's movement and flexibility.
- Some vacuums for hardwood floors feature an additional floor head for carpets and a floor head built for hard surfaces. Or, they are equipped with settings that enable thorough cleaning of rugs and carpets. You may want to explore these additional attachments and features if your house has a variety of flooring kinds, so you don't have to purchase several vacuums to get varied cleans.
What shouldn't you vacuum with a Dyson?
WARNING TO ALL DYSON USERS: Do not suck up any fine white powders/particles with your Dyson vacuum under any circumstances. It will destroy the motor and is NOT covered by the warranty. This includes white powder carpet cleaners (carpet fresh, for example), baby powder, baking soda, cornflour, etc.
Are wet-dry vacuums good for hardwood floors?
Wet-dry vacuums let you do both duties simultaneously, making them an excellent choice for folks with limited storage space and hard flooring.
Why is Dyson better than other vacuums?
Finally, unlike bagged vacuum cleaners, the performance of Dyson machines does not degrade as you vacuum more. Our machines are designed with six layers of superior whole-machine filtration, capturing 99.97% of particles as fine as 0.3 microns.
- The Best Cordless Vacuums on Amazon: Great Models to Purchase
- The Best Commercial Vacuum Cleaners Reviews & Buyers Guide
- Review: The Best Bissell Canister Vacuums
- Best Bissell Vacuums Reviews & Buyers Guide
- The Best Type Of Vacuum as Reviewed by Experts: Top-picks & Best Deal for you