Surge protectors are a necessary part of any audio gear setup, but they can be expensive and hard to find. Finding the best surge protector for your audio gear is time-consuming and costs a lot of money. To make your life easier, we've curated a list of the best surge protectors for audio equipment, so you don't have to spend hours online researching them all.
- 1. Best Sale: Amazon Basics 12-Outlet Power
Every time you need to plug your cell phone, laptop, or another device into an outlet, the cord strains against the wall socket. This can leave marks behind, suddenly break off and leave you with an expensive repair bill.
- 2. Cheapest: Amazon Basics 6-Outlet Surge
Power surges can cause your devices to overheat and stop working, leading to significant troubles and even fires. The best way to avoid this is with a surge protector, but the hard part is finding one you can use in your home or office.
- 3. Best Splurge: Power Strip, ALESTOR Surge Protector
Technology has become one of the most critical aspects of our lives. We rely on it so many ways that we often forget to keep up with its maintenance and upkeep. Due to the sensitive nature of these products, you can't leave them unprotected and vulnerable to being destroyed.
- 4. Coolest Model: Furman Power Conditioner
It's never easy to find the perfect power conditioner for your needs. You'll find yourself trying out different brands and models because you can never be sure you've found the perfect one. Power conditioners can make or break your music system and home theater audio experience.
- 5. Best Material: StarTech.com 16 Outlet Horizontal
You're running out of outlets in your office, home, or business. Can't find the right outlets in your cramped office? Need multiple power strips to create space and save money on the electric bill? Get this 16 outlets horizontal power strip today.
Power Strip, ALESTOR Surge Protector with 12 Outlets and 4 USB Ports, 6 Feet Extension Cord (1875W/15A), 2700 Joules, ETL Listed, Black…View on Amazon
StarTech.com 16 Outlet Horizontal 1U Rack Mount PDU Power Strip for Network Server Racks - Surge Protection - 120V/15A - 6ft Power Cord (RKPW161915)View on Amazon
Tripp Lite ISOBAR6Ultra Isobar 6 Outlet Surge Protector Power Strip, 6ft Cord, Right-Angle Plug, Metal, Lifetime Limited Warranty & $50,000 Insurance WhiteView on Amazon
Power Strip, SUPERDANNY Surge Protector with 22 AC Outlets and 6 USB Charging Ports, 1875W/15A, 2100 Joules, 6.5Ft Flat Plug Heavy Duty Extension Cord for Home, Office, Dorm, Gaming Room, BlackView on Amazon
Belkin USB Power Strip Surge Protector - 12 AC Multiple Outlets & 2 USB Ports - 6 ft Long Flat Plug Extension Cord for Home, Office, Travel, Computer Desktop & Charging Brick - White (3,996 Joules)View on Amazon
Power Strip with 6 Feet, Yintar Surge Protector with 6 AC Outlets and 3 USB Ports, 6 Ft Extension Cord for for Home, Office, Dorm Essentials, 1680 Joules, ETL Listed, (Black)View on Amazon
Power Strip, Belkin Surge Protector 6 AC Multiple Outlets, Flat Rotating Plug, 6 ft Long Heavy Duty Extension Cord for Home, Office, Travel, Computer Desktop & Charging Brick, White (1080 Joules)View on Amazon
Last update on 2022-12-05 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
Should subwoofer be plugged into surge protector?
- A surge protector is a device that protects against power surges, voltage spikes, and electrical noise. It does this by diverting the excess power to the ground rather than allowing it to cause damage or overload the system. You don't need a surge protector if your sub amps have fuses or breakers. However, if there is no protection in your system, you should use one.
How many joules should a surge protector have for a computer?
- If you’ve got expensive devices or devices that hold sensitive information, you should get a surge protector with over 2,000 joules. This includes gaming consoles, home theater equipment, and more at a fraction of the price.
Is 2500 joules enough for a surge protector?
- In recent years, we have seen the popularity of small electronics, such as lamps, radios, and battery chargers. A surge protector is highly recommended to protect these small electronic items from potential damage.
- The Best Power Surge Protector For Gaming Pc: Reviews by Experts
- The Best Surge Protector With Usb on Amazon, Reviews by Experts
- The Best Budget Surge Protector : Rankings & Reviews
- The Best Appliance Surge Protector: Reviews & Buyers Guide
- The Best Surge Protector For Electronics ( Review & Buyers Guide)