A sound recording interface is often an over-the-top necessity in gaining better positioning in the online marketplace. To use a professional recording interface, you must consider the costs and overall quality of the products you need. We've removed the guesswork by providing a comprehensive list of pro audio recording modules to help you become the best in your industry.
- 1. Best Style: Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen USB Audio Interface
Cheers to the new generation audio interface that doubles as a standard USB instrument interface, the Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen. A tiny modern wonder, this fantastic piece of gear can handle everything from vocals to guitars and drums.2x more bandwidth than the previous iteration and a host of added goodies like instant transfers, dynamic range control, and auto-equalization. It's even got a USB Type C connector.
Get professional studio quality sound at home with PreSonus AudioBox 96, a new USB 2.0 interface with 96 inputs, giving you everything you need to record and produce in the comfort of your home! The PreSonus AudioBox 96 Studio USB 2.0 is the best solution for recording vocals and instruments at home, offering a take-anywhere solution that's both portable and professional-quality.
- 3. Best overall: Focusrite Scarlett Solo Studio 3rd Gen USB Audio Interface Bundle for the Guitarist
Focusrite Scarlett Solo Studio is a professional audio interface for computer recording. It's a complete solution that includes an all-around mic pre-amp, ADC and DI, and a USB Audio Interconnect. These features make it ideal for applications such as podcasting, music production and movie making.
- 4. Best value: M-Audio AIR 192x4 USB C Audio Interface for Recording
A revolutionary interface with USB recording and playback capability. The AIR 192 is a professional-quality USB Audio Interface, with 192kHz/24-bit audio recording and playback capabilities. It comes with a pre-amped stereo input that allows you to record directly from your computer! Plus, preamp level direct control of input and output levels for the perfect recording mix.
- 5. Best durable: Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 3rd Gen USB Audio Interface
Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 3rd Gen USB Audio InterfaceFour of the best performing mic preamps the Scarlett range has ever seen, now with switchable Air mode to give your recordings a brighter and more open sound. Two high-headroom instrument inputs to plug in your guitar or bass. Eight balanced line inputs for connecting synthesizers, drum machines, and other line-level sources. Four monitor outputs with anti-thump technology and speaker switching.
PreSonus AudioBox 96 Studio USB 2.0 Recording Bundle with Interface, Headphones, Microphone and Studio One Artist and Ableton Live Lite DAW Recording SoftwareView on Amazon
Focusrite Scarlett Solo Studio (3rd Gen) USB Audio Interface and Recording Bundle with Pro Tools | FirstView on Amazon
M-Audio AIR 192|4 - 2-In/2-Out USB Audio Interface with Recording Software from ProTools & Ableton Live, Plus Studio-Grade FX & Virtual InstrumentsView on Amazon
Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 3rd Gen USB Audio Interface, for Producers, Musicians, Bands, Content Creators — High-Fidelity, Studio Quality Recording, and All the Software You Need to RecordView on Amazon
UA Volt 1 USB Audio Interface for recording, podcasting, and streaming with essential audio software and 30-day Free Trial Subscription to UAD SparkView on Amazon
UA Volt 476 USB Audio Interface for recording, podcasting, and streaming with essential audio software and 30-day Free Trial Subscription to UAD SparkView on Amazon
M-Audio M-Track Solo – USB Audio Interface for Recording, Streaming and Podcasting with XLR, Line and DI Inputs, Plus a Software Suite Included, with 1 MicView on Amazon
Podcast Equipment Bundle, MAONO MaonoCaster Lite All-in-One Audio Interface Podcast Production Studio with 25mm Large Diaphragm Microphone for Live Streaming, Recording, PC, Smartphone (AU-AM200-S6)View on Amazon
Last update on 2022-10-05 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
1. What's better than a Focusrite?
- This is an article about the PreSonus AudioBox iTwo, which would be an excellent alternative for those that do not use the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2.
2. Do audio interfaces improve sound quality?
- The audio interface on the market today is nothing but a standard line in mic. It is limited to just 24 bit/96 kHz and does not support DSD or other audio formats.
3. Is focusrite a good brand?
- Focusrite's entry into the world of audio interfaces is quite old. The company has been around since 1985, when it was founded by a team of engineers working on an audio interface called the M-Audio 2496. They were inspired by their own experience with the M-Audio 2496 and decided to build a new device for the growing PC market in that time.