When purchasing a surge protector, shoppers may be confused by the many available options. What do you look for to buy an ideal surge protector? And how do you know if your current surge protector is weak and needs replacing? Soft surge protectors often mean that your devices and appliances can be damaged during a power surge and your electric bill. The best way to avoid these issues is by purchasing a replacement before your current one depletes its battery which can happen quickly due to the high frequency of power surges.
- 1. Best Sale: Power Strip, ALESTOR Surge Protector
No one wants to find their electrical cords tangled in a messy tangle or power strips on fire. Nobody likes when their TV or game system turns off during a scary movie, and no one wants to be powerless when they're in the middle of an emergency.
- 2. Cheapest: Belkin USB Power Strip Surge Protector
Power surges can cause total destruction to electronic devices and make them inoperable. Belkin's surge protectors help avoid this by adding a layer of protection between your electronics and any unwanted power surges.
- 3. Best Budget: GE 6-Outlet Surge Protector
Outlets are always a headache, but the 6-Outlet Surge protector from GE by Smart Home is the perfect answer. This surge protector has all the outlets you could ever need. For $9.99, this product is a must-have for your home! It will save you time and money with its six outlets and dual USB charging ports that offer peace of mind in your everyday life.
- 4. Best Quality: Power Strip , Tcstei Surge Protector
A surge protector is a critical and expensive piece of home gear you can never be without. But with the holidays right around the corner, it's impossible to find one that's safe enough and affordable enough.
- 5. Best Choice: Power Strip with 8 Feet
Every office has a power strip that plugs into the wall and is always in the way. Power strips don't allow you to move, so you're always tangled up in extension cords with nowhere to put your desk.
Power Strip, ALESTOR Surge Protector with 12 Outlets and 4 USB Ports, 6 Feet Extension Cord (1875W/15A), 2700 Joules, ETL Listed, Black…View on Amazon
Belkin USB Power Strip Surge Protector - 12 AC Multiple Outlets & 2 USB Ports - 6 ft Long Flat Plug Extension Cord for Home, Office, Travel, Computer Desktop & Charging Brick - White (3,996 Joules)View on Amazon
GE 6-Outlet Surge Protector, 10 Ft Extension Cord, Power Strip, 800 Joules, Flat Plug, Twist-to-Close Safety Covers, UL Listed, White, 14092View on Amazon
Power Strip , Tcstei Surge Protector with 12 Outlets and 4 USB Ports, 6 Feet Extension Cord (1875W/15A) for for Home, Office, Dorm Essentials, 2700 Joules, ETL Listed, (Black)View on Amazon
8 Ft Power Strip, Yintar Surge Protector with 18 AC Outlets, 8 Feet Flat Plug Extension Cord (1875W/15A) for for Home, Office, Dorm Essentials, 2100 Joules, ETL Listed, BlackView on Amazon
Belkin Power Strip Surge Protector with 12 AC Multiple Outlets, 10 ft Long Flat Plug Heavy Duty Extension Cord for Home, Office, Travel, Computer Desktop, Laptop & Phone Charging Bricks (4,156 Joules)View on Amazon
Power Strip Tower Surge Protector, NTONPOWER 8 Outlet 5 USB Desktop Charging Station 1625W 13A, 6FT Extension Cord Flat Plug, Individual Switches, 1080 Joules, Overload Protection for Home OfficeView on Amazon
Huntkey Surge Protector Power Strip with USB 12 Outlets Extender with 3 USB Charging Ports 5V/3.1A, 6 Foot Extension Cord, 4000 JoulesView on Amazon
Power Strip with 6 Feet, Yintar Surge Protector with 6 AC Outlets and 3 USB Ports, 6 Ft Extension Cord for for Home, Office, Dorm Essentials, 1680 Joules, ETL Listed, (Black)View on Amazon
Last update on 2022-11-26 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
Do surge protectors work for computers?
- Power strips are often used to protect electronics from electrical fluctuations, but they do not offer any protection against power surges. Power surges can occur anytime and cause problems with computers, televisions, and other electronic devices.
Should my PC be plugged into the wall?
- Since most people don't have surge protectors, many plug their computers directly into the wall. However, this is not recommended because electrical surges can damage your computer.
Are some surge protectors better than others?
- If a joule rating is the best indicator of protection, then a higher joule rating is the best indicator of safety. In other words, choose a surge protector with at least a 200 to 400-joule rating. This is because surge protectors often heavily protect sensitive or costly equipment such as computers.
- Best Outlet Surge Protector - You Should Know About
- Best Multi Outlet Surge Protector - You Should Know About
- The Best Appliance Surge Protector: Reviews & Buyers Guide
- The Best Surge Protector For Audio Equipment as Reviewed by Experts: Top-Rated & Hot Deal Today
- The Best 6 Outlet Surge Protector - You Can Buy on Amazon