A personal locator beacon can help anyone and everyone on their digital journey with no subscription fees. Beautify is the easiest, most intuitive way to create a personal locator beacon that allows you to send your location directly from your phone and eliminates the hassle of subscriptions. Beaming lets you send, receive, and change your site at any time--no subscription fees.
Beaming is so simple and easy that anyone can use it right out of the box. No configuration or technical skills are required. Just download the app, scan a barcode & start broadcasting your location!
ACR ResQLink 400 SOS Personal Locator Beacon with GPS is designed to meet the needs of rescue and emergency services, providing mobile service for up-to-date location updates for rescue personnel and authorities. This device offers the UTM (Universal Traffic Map) functionality, making it easier for first responders to reach their targets.
- 2. Cheapest: ACR ResQLink View - Buoyant Personal Locator Beacon with GPS for Hiking, Boating and All Outdoor Adventures (Model PLB 425) ACR 2922
Buoyant Personal Locator Beacon with GPS for Hiking, Boating, and All Outdoor Adventures (Model PLB 425) Personal Locator Beacons are trendy accessories these days. Still, you might not know how much power they pack. With an extremely powerful 3W U2 ACR ResQLink View - Buoyant Personal Locator Beacon with GPS for Hiking, Boating, and All Outdoor Adventures (Model PLB 425), you can truly make the most of your boating activities.
- 3. Best overall: acr ResQLink View & ResQFlare Survival Kit (2361)
Each product designer has a different workflow, personally developed by their skillset. This variety can lead to designing in different ways, resulting in different ways of working. With ResQLink View & ResQFlare, you can engage with your clients' staff while letting them know that they are a part of your work via continuous communication using the tool's chat function.
- 4. Best value: ACR ResQLink 400 GPS Personal Locator Beacon Survival Kit
ACR ResQLink 400 GPS Personal Locator Beacon Survival Kit lets you see the safe location you'll be heading towards anywhere on Earth. Capture it on your smartphone using the new ResQLink™ feature, and you have an additional communication source that can be used for emergencies.
- 5. Best durable: Garmin 010-01879-00 InReach Mini, Lightweight and Compact Satellite Communicator, Orange
Garmin is the king of GPS devices, but many people wonder why they don't have an honest satellite communicator. With Garmin 010-01879-00 InReach Mini, you'll be one of those people and enjoy better voice quality, a faster cellular connection, and the ability to listen to your contacts over your car's radio. It's all right at your fingertips with Garmin 010-01879-00 InReach Mini.
ACR ResQLink View - Buoyant Personal Locator Beacon with GPS for Hiking, Boating and All Outdoor Adventures (Model PLB 425) ACR 2922View on Amazon
acr ResQLink View & ResQFlare Survival Kit (2361) - Personal Locator Beacon & USCG Approved Replacement for Pyrotechnic FlaresView on Amazon
ACR GLOBALFIX™ V4 and ResQLink 400 Survival Kit with EPIRB, Personal Locator Beacon, Ditch Bag, and Safety GearView on Amazon
Spot X with Bluetooth 2-Way Satellite Messenger | SOS Protection | Handheld Portable 2-Way GPS Messenger for Hiking, Camping, Cars| Globalstar Satellite Network Coverage | Subscription ApplicableView on Amazon
Last update on 2023-02-06 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
1 .Do personal locator beacons work?
- A PLB's operation can change depending on the equipment and internal technologies. Depending on the type of PLB and the receiving equipment used, help or assistance can be provided by rescue authorities, coworkers, friends, or nearby monitoring assets.
2. Is it worth buying a PLB?
- If you're going into the wilderness, where there is no mobile reception, and it's unlikely that help is nearby, carrying a PLB is essential. Even if you're hiking in a group or with a partner, a PLB could mean the difference between getting to safety immediately and having a long wait.
3 .What is better EPIRB or PLB?
- A PLB's minimum transmission time is 24 hours due to its size, whereas an EPIRB will transmit for at least 48 hours while floating in the water. A PLB should ideally be worn on the person or integrated into the wearer's life jacket because it is a personal piece of equipment.