Network-attached storage is an industry-standard commodity item. This product provides top performance, value, and compatibility with existing systems. The storage market is constantly evolving, and consumers need a professional to recommend the best solution that fits their business needs. I can recommend the best network-attached storage mac with a performance drive for my clients without having to worry about compatibility or compatibility with legacy devices on a new server.
- 1. Best Sale: QNAP TS-653D-8G 6 Bay NAS for Professionals with Intel® Celeron® J4125 CPU and Two 2.5GbE Ports
QNAP is known for its expert products and incredible value for money. However, recent software updates have caused a few issues with the product. How much time do you spend in your day, on average, trying to take care of your files? Is it time enough to prepare yourself for working on a deadline all day long? If so, you might want to rethink your working hours and consider spending a little more time getting things done!QNAP has recently released an updated version of their best-selling NAS device. High-end performance at a low price! Now that's a deal!
- 2. Cheapest: Synology 1 bay NAS DiskStation DS118
For up to 4x faster storage than a traditional HDD, Synology's one-bay expansion case doubles the amount of disk storage while providing the same type of solid-state drive (SSD) technology that makes NAS cool. The Synology NAS is the most advanced and contemporary storage solution ever invented. It features a wide range of high-performance features such as combined hard drive+solid state drive (SSD) technology, expandable up to 512 TB, and RAID technologies to accelerate your business. The NAS Server's flexibility opens up many possibilities for your digital life. Data is never on the way; it's always in the cloud!
- 3. Best overall: Asustor Lockerstor 10 Pro| AS7110T | Enterprise Network Attached Storage | 3.4GHz Quad-Core, One 10GbE Port, Three 2.5GbE Ports, Two M.2 Slots for NVMe SSD Cache, 8GB RAM DDR4
AS7110T is the perfect solution for enterprise-grade NAS storage that meets your needs with an extensive and fast capacity. In a server or NAS enclosure, we can either build our own or just get it preconfigured to host our applications and virtual machines – there is no need to change the existing server or NAS configuration. Compared to standard hard drives, SSD devices are faster and more durable, making AS7110T a highly demanded solution for network-attached storage environments that require performance and high reliability.
- 4. Best value: WD 8TB My Cloud EX2 Ultra Network Attached Storage - NAS - WDBVBZ0080JCH-NESNWD 8TB My Cloud EX2 Ultra Network Attached Storage - NAS - WDBVBZ0080JCH-NESN
Network Attached Storage (NAS) is an acronym for Network Attached Storage Device (NAS) and is used as a convenient, fast way of storing and accessing files on a server and an easy-to-manage storage device. The original WD My Cloud, the WD 8TB My Cloud EX2 Ultra Network Attached Storage, is the perfect choice for home or small business users with a network where they need to store large amounts of data. The My Cloud EX2 has an internal drive bay, two external drive bays, a 5Gb/s LAN connection, and a USB 3.0 port.
- 5. Best durable: Asustor Drivestor 2 Pro AS3302T - 2 Bay NAS, 1.4GHz Quad Core, 2.5GbE Port, 2GB RAM DDR4, Network Attached Storage
Asustor is a leading manufacturer of rugged, ultra-fast yet affordable, enterprise-class hard drive enclosures for small to medium-sized businesses. Asustor drives are designed for long life, demanding applications such as gaming, mobile apps, file editing, and media production. With Asustor drives being among the fastest and most capable in their class, you get an entire spectrum of I/O performance: 2.5 GB/s read, 2 GB/s write, and up to 530 MB/s random read—all for a fraction of the cost of traditional external enclosure technology!
BUFFALO TeraStation 3420DN 4-Bay Desktop NAS 16TB (4x4TB) with HDD NAS Hard Drives Included 2.5GBE / Computer Network Attached Storage / Private Cloud / NAS Storage/ Network Storage / File ServerView on Amazon
BUFFALO TeraStation 3420DN 4-Bay Desktop NAS 4TB (2x2TB) with HDD NAS Hard Drives Included 2.5GBE / Computer Network Attached Storage / Private Cloud / NAS Storage/ Network Storage / File ServerView on Amazon
BUFFALO LinkStation SoHo 720 4TB 2-Bay NAS Network Attached Storage with HDD Hard Drives Included NAS Storage that Works as Small Office and Home Cloud or Network Storage Device for Home OfficeView on Amazon
AMBER X Smart Personal/Home Cloud Storage Device for Data and Media Files, Built-in 512GB High-Speed SSD with USB Storage Expansion, iOS/Android/Windows/Mac Compatible, BlackView on Amazon
Asustor Drivestor 2 AS1102T - 2 Bay NAS, 1.4GHz Quad Core, Single 2.5GbE Port, 1GB RAM DDR4, Network Attached Storage, Personal Private Cloud (Diskless)View on Amazon
BUFFALO LinkStation 710 4TB 1-Bay Home Office Private Cloud Data Storage with Hard Drives Included/Computer Network Attached Storage/NAS Storage/Network Storage/Media Server/File ServerView on Amazon
BUFFALO LinkStation 210 2TB 1-Bay NAS Network Attached Storage with HDD Hard Drives Included NAS Storage That Works as Home Cloud or Network Storage Device for HomeView on Amazon
TERRAMASTER F2-221 NAS Storage 2Bay - Apollo J3355 Dual Core 2.0GHz 2GB Memory Plex Media Server Network Attached Storage, DisklessView on Amazon
Last update on 2022-12-05 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
1. Can I use a NAS drive in my Mac?
- A NAS is a network-attached storage device (NAS for short) that allows you to connect multiple hard drives to a single network interface card. It works by using the same technology as file servers instead of adding storage space.
2. Is network attached storage worth it?
- A NAS is a storage-as-a-service that allows storing your files on a local hard drive. These devices can be connected to multiple devices at the same time.
3. What is better than NAS?
- SANs are the higher performers for environments that need high-speed traffic, such as high transaction databases and eCommerce websites. NAS can handle significant transactions in a shorter time. Over time, it is also more reliable than SANs because of its redundancy.