Some people have eczema and want to know the best laundry detergent for their skin. There are different types of detergents available, but they all seem to have in common the ingredient sodium hypochlorite, which helps kill bacteria on your clothes. At the same time, bleach does its job at killing fungus or mold spores (depending upon if it contains potassium sanitizing pellets). Some parents may worry about using too much bleach since this can be harmful when inhaled so make sure you read labels carefully beforehand!
- 1. Best Price: Tide PODS Free and Gentle, Laundry Detergent Soap PODS, HE
You want to know the best laundry detergent for your eczema? Find out which one will work best and then try it. What type of clothes are you washing? How bad are those rashes now that they've been bothering you since childhood? Your pet's skin condition could affect their needs too—dogs who lick themselves all day long might prefer a different kind than someone else might use on them!
- 2. Best versatile: Arm & Hammer Plus OxiClean Odor Blasters Fresh Burst
It's not just your skin that can benefit from the right laundry detergent. A balanced diet of fresh produce, whole grains, and lean protein may also help eczema sufferers! So why not add some natural cleaners in too? Try washing with a green tea-based product next time you do dishes or load up on soap before each shower-these ingredients work great as surfactants (surfacing agents).
- 3. Best smart: all Liquid Laundry Detergent, Clear for Sensitive Skin
The best laundry detergent for eczema sufferers is something that has been proven to work. You should always check with your doctor before switching out the brands you use on an ongoing basis, but this specific formula can help calm redness and irritation from consistent contact of fabric against sensitive skin without compromising its washing power or effectiveness!
- 4. Best splurge: Molly's Suds Unscented Laundry Detergent Powde
If you’ve been diagnosed with eczema, then the best laundry detergent for your skin may not be as easy to find. Luckily, we have tested many different brands and found some that work really well! We recommend using Arm & Hammer Essentials Laundry Detergent because it doesn't contain any harsh chemicals or fragrances that can irritate sensitive skin, like those experiencing dryness from atopic dermatitis (eczema).
- 5. Best quality: Seventh Generation Concentrated Laundry Detergent
The powerful triple-enzyme formula fights tough stains. Free & Clear hypoallergenic laundry detergent is made for sensitive skin. An EPA safer choice certified product designed with safety in mind. Concentrated detergent washes 53 medium loads (for a total of 106 per 2 pack) in a high efficiency (he) or standard machine. USDA certified bio-based product 96% of the ingredients are plant-based.
Tide PODS Free and Gentle, Laundry Detergent Soap PODS, HE, 96 Count - Unscented and Hypoallergenic for Sensitive Skin, Free and Clear of Dyes and PerfumesView on Amazon
Molly's Suds Laundry Detergent Powder| Natural Laundry Detergent for Sensitive Skin | Stain Fighting (Unscented - 120 Loads)View on Amazon
Seventh Generation Concentrated Laundry Detergent, Free & Clear Unscented, 40 Oz, Pack of 2 (106 Loads)View on Amazon
Seventh Generation Concentrated Laundry Detergent, Stain Fighting Formula, Free & Clear Unscented, 40 oz (53 Loads)View on Amazon
ECOS 2x Hypoallergenic Liquid Laundry Detergent, Lavender, 200 loads, 100oz Bottle by Earth Friendly Products (Pack of 2)View on Amazon
HEX Performance Laundry Detergent, Fresh & Clean, 64 Loads (Pack of 2) - Designed for Activewear, Eco-Friendly, Concentrated FormulaView on Amazon
Last update on 2023-02-06 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
How do I know if I am allergic to laundry detergent?
- If you are allergic or sensitive to something in your laundry detergent, you may experience symptoms immediately after touching freshly laundered clothing or several hours later. Symptoms may include a red rash. mild to severe itching.
What does an allergic reaction to laundry detergent look like?
- Irritation that occurs after using laundry detergent that irritates your skin is called contact dermatitis. It manifests as a red, itchy rash on the skin, which can spread all over the body or be limited to more sensitive areas such as the groin and armpits. Other signs of contact dermatitis may include:
How to choose washing powder for skin prone to eczema and allergies?
- Cohen, ($21.87 for 237 fluid ounces; Amazon.com) says "All Free Clear Laundry Detergent," "I often recommend All Free Clear to people with eczema." "It does not contain perfumes and other chemicals that can often be difficult for people with eczema," he says.