Cuckoo CRP-AHSS1009FN 10 Cup Induction Heating Pressure Rice Cooker, 17 Menu Options, Stainless Steel Inner Pot, Made in Korea, WhiteView on Amazon
Cuckoo CRP-P1009SB 10 Cup Heating Plate Electric Pressure Rice Cooker, 12 Menu Options, Made in Korea, Stainless Steel Inner Pot, BlackView on Amazon
Panasonic 10 Cup (Uncooked) Rice Cooker with Fuzzy Logic and One-Touch Cooking for Brown Rice, White Rice, and Porridge or Soup – 1.8 Liter – SR-DF181 (White)View on Amazon
COMFEE' 5.2Qt Asian Style Programmable All-in-1 Multi Cooker, Rice Cooker, Slow Cooker, Steamer, Saute, Yogurt Maker, Stewpot with 24 Hours Delay Timer and Auto Keep Warm FunctionsView on Amazon
COMFEE' Rice Cooker, Slow Cooker, Steamer, Stewpot, Saute All in One (12 Digital Cooking Programs) Multi Cooker (5.2Qt ) Large Capacity, 24 Hours Preset & Instant Keep WarmView on Amazon
Dash DRCM200GBPK04 Mini Rice Cooker Steamer with Removable Nonstick Pot, Keep Warm Function & Recipe Guide, 2 cups, for Soups, Stews, Grains & Oatmeal, PinkView on Amazon
Last update on 2021-09-16 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
Rice is considered a staple food in most cuisines. It is a simple and common ingredient that defines dishes across the world for without it, eating other viands wouldn’t be as great without rice as a neutralizer of the great taste and aroma the dishes offer.
However, as simple as it may seem, rice has different varieties with different cooking methods. This makes it more of a challenge for others to cook different types of rice for different occasions or diets.
With that being said, Japan is known to have one of the best, and sometimes weird, technology when it comes to home appliances and cookware. But when it comes to cooking the perfect rice, you can never go wrong with a Japanese rice cooker.
Top 10 Best Japanese Rice Cooker 2021
1. Cuckoo Electric Induction Heating Pressure Rice Cooker
Cuckoo is one of the most famous brands when it comes to kitchen appliances. Their Japanese rice cooker features induction heating (from all sides) which generates heat all around for even cooking for up to 10 cups. Furthermore, pressure cooking preserves nutrients in food more than other cooking methods which can also shorten cooking time. It is a multi-cooker with 17 cooking functions.
The Cuckoo’s inner pot is made of 304 (18/10) stainless steel with a heat-responsive aluminum core base. The cooker has a removable nonstick cooking pot that makes cleaning up easy. It also has an integrated handle which makes carrying it around convenient.
It also boasts a double-layered rubber packing which completely seals the inner pot to prevent leakage of steam. It offers a perfect sealing to preserve the flavor of food. A 304 (8/10) stainless steel detachable cover lid is easy to clean and dishwasher safe.
This modern rice cooker has a Smart Algorithm DSP technology which can control heat and temperature by the minute to give you the results you want for each type of grain – some grains are a challenge to cook manually since you have to check from time to time if it’s already cooked or not. Fully programmable, complete with a white LED screen a 17- selection touch cooking functions, it’s your personal kitchen assistant! With voice navigation for all 3 languages – English, Korean and Chinese.
Another technology that this rice cooker boosts is its power-saving technology. The energy eye senses the darkness and turns the unit into saving mode automatically. The luminance sensor automatically recognizes ambient brightness during standby, cooking, warming, and preset timer for minimizing power consumption of the product.
Cleaning the inside will also be a breeze with their auto steam clean. With a push of a button, a strong jet stream is released to clean and sanitize the interior of the rice cooker.
- Smart rice cooker.
- Up to 10 cup capacity.
- Nonstick pot.
- Stainless steel layers.
- Energy saver.
- Sophisticated white and silver design.
- The non-stick coating on the inner compartment keeps your food from crusting and burning to the surface of the inner pot.
- You can make bread with it.
- It has a high-quality ventilation system.
- When you use it to pressure cook rice, the pressure cooker detects the grain type for you with its intelligence functions.
- It is fully programmable.
- 17 cooking pre-set selections for you to use.
- Most expensive rice cooker among the list.
2. Dimchae Cook Induction Heating Pressure Rice Cooker 10 Cup (Bronze)
Dimchae Cook features an induction heating technology that delivers efficient and uniform heating throughout the pot so that rice grains are evenly cooked with high moisture content. It is made of stainless-steel covers that are durable and removable for cleaning.
It is also very user-friendly through its easy to use interface and controls for precise cooking. Its voice feedback is also available in English, Korean, and Chinese. It also has its own power-saving feature through its distinctive inner pot design which minimizes heat loss while cooking, which makes cooking faster.
- Stainless steel covers that are durable for cleaning.
- User-friendly in that it gives out voice feedbacks in three different languages.
- Features multiple menu options for cooking various types of food.
- There is minimal heat loss because of its inner design.
- The user may use a lot of power due to its slow cooking rate
3. Cuckoo CRP-P1009SB 10 Cup Electric Heating Pressure Cooker & Warmer
Almost half the price of the Electric Induction Heating Pressure Rice Cooker listed on #1, this rice cooker has almost similar features. It has 11 multi cook functions – from cooking rice for sushi, chicken soup, porridge, fermenting and baking bread, etc.
It also has a water drainage system that collects excess water vapors after cooking is finished to maintain the flavor of the rice. To keep the taste of food fresh, maintain a clean environment, prevent bad odors and bacteria by collecting water created during cooking.
Another similar feature is the auto steam cleaning which releases a jet of steam to clean and sanitize the interior of the rice cooker.
It also boasts a Smart Voice Guide available in Korean, English, and Chinese. Safety features like pressure control device, secondary pressure release, lock checking device, reed switch, thermal fuse, etc. – a total of 17 safety features, are also available.
- Nonstick coated inner pan.
- Modern design.
- built-in programs.
- Fully programmable and automatic.
- Automatic keep-warm.
- Delay timer.
- Smart cooking.
- Instructions are hard to understand
4. Zojirushi NS-LGC05XB Micom Rice Cooker & Warmer
The highest and most rated item on Amazon among the rice cookers in this list, Zojirushi is a small Japanese rice cooker with multi menu cooking functions. It has special settings for white/mixed rice, sushi rice, brown rice, GABA brown rice, long-grain white rice, steel-cut oatmeal, and quick cooking.
It also features a triple heater (bottom, side, and lid) which generates heat all around for even heating. The Zojirushi 3-cup rice cooker made in Japan is compact and easy to store because of its size, fold-down handles for easier transport, and retractable cord.
It also has a detachable and washable inner lid for hassle-free cleaning and a removable steam vent cap to avoid messy overflows when doing high-temperature cooking. Dubbed as the singing rice cooker, its melody and signal can be interchanged. It also has an automatic keep warm and reheating cycle.
- Includes accessories like rice spatula, spatula holder, and rice measuring cup.
- Manufactured by a Japan Rice cooker brand which has been existing for more than 100 years.
- Highly rated on Amazon at 4.8/5.0
- Automatic cooking settings.
- Removable steam vent.
- Bargain price.
- Cannot cook Jasmine rice.
- Limitations to the quick cook setting.
5. Cuckoo CR-0655F Rice Cooker & Warmer
This is the third Cuckoo product on this list since this brand is known to carry a big line of Japanese cookers. This particular model offers preprogrammed multi-cooking options that offer versatility in recipes with adjustable cooking time and temperature.
This rice cooker consists of 8 smart built-in programs that help you with cooking all kinds of rice. The model uses a patented technology that lets you select the level of softness and glutinosity.
This model is really convenient to wash because of its detachable cover. The pack contains a rice scoop, a measuring cup, and a user manual. The rice scoop has a non-stick layer that lets you serve rice with ease.
- Multifunctional up to 11 pre-set functions.
- Has intelligent cooking and 3 language voice navigation (English, Chinese, and Korean).
- Automatically detects grain type when cooking rice.
- The inner bowl is X-wall marble with a non-stick, non-scratch surface.
- The lid locks while cooking, for safety reasons such as preventing accidents.
- Auto-steam clean function.
- Its color combination makes it hard to match most kitchen counters.
- Doesn’t have a spatula holder.
- Takes a little longer to cook.
6. Panasonic SR-DF181 10 Cup (Uncooked) Rice Cooker
Panasonic is a well-known brand when it comes to home appliances. This Japanese rice maker has multiple functions and can cook other stuff as well like porridge, soup, etc. It is also installed with a micro-computer which makes delicate adjustments in cooking time and temperature inside the pot.
You can also cook different types of grains perfectly by choosing a pre-programmed setting in one touch. When cooking is done, it automatically shuts off to avoid overcooking and the warm up feature kicks in automatically which can keep the rice inside warm for up to 12 hours.
The outside is made of plastic but the inner pot is made of aluminum with a non-stick coating to prevent the rice from sticking and burning and of course to make it easy to clean.
- The microcomputer is multilingual. It has English, Spanish, Chinese, Korean and French language programmed in it.
- Safe to use.
- It makes rice cooking easy.
- The safety measures work properly.
- The cleaning process is easy.
- The keep-warm function works fine.
- The plastic body might break if not used with care
7. AmazonBasics Multi-Functional Rice Cooker
This elegant looking machine has 2 variations, their 11-cup and 20-cup rice cooker. It features easy-to-read LED display, a 24 hour preset timer and an automatic warming function to maintain the perfect serving temperature after the cook completes.
The inner pot is made of aluminum alloy with non-stick coating to prevent sticking and burning of food when cooking and for easier cleaning. It also comes with accessories – rice spatula, measuring cup and steamer.
- Auto-warming function.
- LED light display.
- Automatic keep-warm function.
- Pre-cook settings.
- Long cooking time.
- Lid not condensation-proof.
8. COMFEE’ Asian Style Programmable All-in-1 Multi-Cooker
COMFEE’ has developed the intelligent 6-step cooking process that the steam valve and inner pot can preserve the steam and heat for perfect to simmer the fluffy rice every time. This smart digital multi cooker is equipped with 17 preset programs that can cook rice, pasta, soup, stew, saute, steamed veggies, etc.
COMFEE’ electric multi cooker is a safe alternative to all types of pressure cookers. The stay-cool handle ensures your safety when you open the lid after cooking or you change its place. It has a 10 cup uncooked capacity, which yields from 10-20 cups of cooked rice, designed for bigger family units, parties, or other outdoor activities.
This rice cooker is user friendly with a digital LED display and sensitive touch panel so your cooking could be set by simply pressing a button. It’s flexible for meal planning with a 24-hour delay timer and auto keep warm for 12 hours. It is also made of stainless steel external housing and a removable steam valve for easier cleaning. The non-stick pot and it’s BPA free plastic accessories are dishwasher friendly.
- Accessories are BPA free food grade Tritan.
- 20 cup ultra-capacity.
- I year warranty.
- 17 digital cooking programs.
- Delay timer and keep warm features.
- Relatively cheaper than the other multi-cooker with similar functions.
- No recipe book.
- The cooking pot has no handle.
9. COMFEE’ All-in-1 Multi-Cooker (12 cooking styles)
This rice cooker is basically the same with the previous one on this list but with lesser preset cooking functions. It only has 12 compared to 17 on the previous COMFEE’ multi-cooker.
Another thing that’s different as well is that the manual has now clearer instructions and comes with a recipe book.
- Accessories are BPA free food grade Tritan.
- 20 cup ultra-capacity.
- I year warranty.
- 12 digital cooking programs.
- Delay timer and keep warm features.
- Now comes with a recipe book.
- Cooking pot has no handle.
10. Dash DRCM200GBPK04 Mini Rice Cooker
This Japanese mini rice cooker has a 2-cup capacity which is good for people who are single or with a small family. Similar to the other rice cookers in this list, this can cook not just rice but other grains and food as well – oatmeal, stew, soup, quinoa, rice, pasta, and even steamed veggies!
This rice cooker has only 2 indicators, Cook and Warm. When the rice is cooked, it automatically shifts into Warm mode to prevent overcooking. This is very portable and compact and comes in different colors (it comes in teal, too!) which makes it perfect for students in dorms, small families in small apartments or when traveling in a camper/RV.
- Turns off automatically when rice is cooked.
- Keep warm function keeps rice warm and fluffy.
- Compact design easily fits small size kitchens.
- Doesn’t have an on/off switch, you unplug it from the outlet to turn it off completely.
- The glass lid isn’t of good quality.
- When it boils, it spills some amount of water out.
Most, if not all, of the rice cookers in the market, have similar features, which is why it is more difficult to choose the best rice cooker for your needs. However, if you keep these factors in mind, you can find the best rice cooker for you in no time.
- Keep Warm Feature: this is a very important feature because rice is best consumed when it’s hot/warm. This feature allows the rice to be warm and lasts the whole day without spoiling.
- Capacity: the capacity/volume of the rice cooker is important depending on the number of people in the family/household.
- Size: a compact and portable rice cooker are best so as to save space in the kitchen. Of course, the dimension of the rice cooker would also depend on its volume/capacity but in general, a compact external casing should be preferred.
- Cord Type: retractable cord is better than detachable ones because it is easier to use.
- Ease of cleaning: detachable inside parts of a rice cooker (pot, lid, etc) are easier to clean. It is a plus if it is dishwasher friendly.
- Handle: ensure that the handle is made of a material that allows it to stay cold to avoid burning of your hand when you try to move the rice cooker around.
- Technology/Preset cooking: for some people who cook different rice dishes, a preset rice cooking feature is very convenient.
Rice cookers come in different sizes, shapes, and technologies nowadays which makes it a bit overwhelming trying to choose one. But careful research and consideration of your non-negotiables when it comes to rice cookers – budget, capacity, features needed, can help a great deal in coming up with the best rice cooker for you.
From the list, you might consider going with the Zojirushi NS-LGC05XB Micom Rice Cooker and Warmer. The brand has been in the industry for over 100 years and its quality is reflected in the number of good reviews and ratings it has on Amazon.
Comparing the price alone with the similarly trusted Cuckoo brand, the Zojirushi line offers great quality rice cookers for less!