The Seagate® External Hard Drive is a 2.5-inch hard drive designed for storing your digital collection and media server backups. It's quick and easy to set up and offers 1TB of storage for all your files. External Hard Drives are designed to store data files on external devices. These storage devices provide a flexible, convenient, and easy to use alternative to internal hard drives.
2TB portable external hard drive that's perfect for all your handy needs. It's a great size and shape and is perfect for carrying around in your backpack and on the go.
- 2. Cheapest: Western Digital 2TB WD Blue PC Internal Hard Drive
Toshiba Canvio Advance is the first portable 1TB hard drive that brings you on-the-go storage. It's so portable, you can take it with you anywhere and it fits in any bag, even the smallest laptop bag.
- 3. Best overall: Seagate Desktop 8TB External Hard Drive HDD
Toshiba Canvio Advance 1TB Portable External Hard Drive helps users take their portable hard drives and make them search for the files they want, no matter where they are.
The Toshiba Canvio Basics 2TB USB Portable Hard Drive is perfect for data and media storage as well as for digital photography. It has plenty of space, but also a small yet durable package and weighs only 3.1 lbs (I use mine with my iPad Mini (3rd gen)), so it's easy to carry around while on the go.
- 5. Best durable: WD 2TB Elements Portable External Hard Drive HDD
The world's most trusted hard drive brand, WD is the leader in digital storage and the first to introduce HDDs to consumers as a digital format. WD's technology has changed the way people store and access their information, ensuring access and ease of use with virtually any device.
LaCie (LAC9000633) Rugged Mini 4TB External Hard Drive Portable HDD – USB 3.0 USB 2.0 Compatible, Drop Shock Dust Rain Resistant Shuttle Drive, For Mac And PC Computer Desktop and LaptopView on Amazon
Western Digital 2TB WD Blue PC Hard Drive - 7200 RPM Class, SATA 6 Gb/s, 256 MB Cache, 3.5" - WD20EZBXView on Amazon
Seagate Desktop 8TB External Hard Drive HDD – USB 3.0 for PC, Laptop And Mac, 1-Year Rescue Service (STGY8000400), BlackView on Amazon
Seagate BarraCuda 8TB Internal Hard Drive HDD – 3.5 Inch Sata 6 Gb/s 5400 RPM 256MB Cache for Computer Desktop PC – Frustration Free Packaging (ST8000DM004)View on Amazon
WD 2TB Elements Portable External Hard Drive HDD, USB 3.0, Compatible with PC, Mac, PS4 & Xbox - WDBU6Y0020BBK-WESNView on Amazon
Seagate Portable 1TB External Hard Drive HDD – USB 3.0 for PC, Mac, PS4, & Xbox, 1-Year Rescue Service (STGX1000400) , BlackView on Amazon
WD 10TB Elements Desktop Hard Drive HDD, USB 3.0, Compatible with PC, Mac, PS4 & Xbox - WDBWLG0100HBK-NESNView on Amazon
Seagate BarraCuda Internal Hard Drive 5TB SATA 6Gb/s 128MB Cache 2.5-Inch 15mm (ST5000LM000) (Renewed)View on Amazon
Last update on 2023-01-29 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
1. Which is BETTER – WD or Seagate external hard drives?
- There has been a fuss in the hard drive world for a few years now. Western Digital and Seagate are two manufacturers who have been leading the market. In this post I want to detail why both companies are leading the industry.
2. Is it OK to leave an external hard drive plugged in all the time?
- There are various types of hard drives and they have different uses. A portable drive that is perfect for a laptop or a desktop computer will be more suitable than a traditional hard drive. The size and the speed of the hard drive also depends on its working range.
3. Do SSDs get slower over time?
- Many people think that they have to leave room for their favorite games. But, any game will eat away your SSD. So, the best way to limit the space is by using a second SSD as a “free space” drive and installing only essential apps on it.
- The Best External Hard Drives on Amazon, Reviews by Experts
- The Best Fast External Hard Drive Reviews by Experts
- The Best External Storage Drive as Reviewed by Experts: Top-Rated & Hot Deal for you
- The Best External Hard Drive Under 100 Reviews– Buyer’s Guide
- The Best External Hard Drive For Music Storage You Should Know About