The Intel® Core™ i7-7700K kicks everything else up a notch, giving you all the performance of the world's fastest gaming CPU for low-end systems and entry-level workstations. The motherboard is a vital part of any system. It controls all the hardware parts of the computer, including memory, CPU and other hardware you need to run. It's like your heart: it's the center of all your vital organs. The motherboard is an important but often overlooked part of your computer.
The AMD Ryzen 7 3700X processor is a high-performance microprocessor, perfect for gamers and enthusiasts that demand high performance and supreme overclocking capabilities. The AMD Ryzen 7 3700X processor is available in a 16-core, 32-thread configuration with the ability to do more than one thing at once.
is a high-performance, unlocked, 8-core, 16-thread processor designed for gamers and mainstream users alike. Delivering blazing fast performance in games like Overwatch and Titanfall2, this processor is perfect for extreme multitasking.
- 3. Best overall: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core, 24-thread unlocked desktop processor
AMD's Ryzen 9 3900X is the world's first desktop processor with 12-core/24-thread architecture. The performance of AMD's new Opteron architecture is designed to drive the latest games at ultra high resolutions while simultaneously providing a highly stable, secure platform for businesses, developers, and gamers. Clockspeed: 3.3GHz
-thread processor from a company known for its budget offerings. And who better to create this beast than the people who made it? The folks over at Motherboard.com have already run through all its paces, putting it through its paces in multiple games and performing remarkably in other benchmarks as well
- 5. Best durable: Intel Core i7-10700K Desktop Processor
The new i7-10700K is a truly outstanding processor, with anywhere from 25-40% more core performance than the previous generation CPU. It's also the first mobile processor with hyperthreading.
Intel Core i7-10700K Desktop Processor 8 Cores up to 5.1 GHz Unlocked LGA1200 (Intel 400 Series Chipset) 125W (BX8070110700K)View on Amazon
Intel Core i5-10400F Desktop Processor 6 Cores up to 4.3 GHz Without Processor Graphics LGA1200 (Intel 400 Series chipset) 65W, Model Number: BX8070110400FView on Amazon
Intel BX80684I79700KF Intel Core i7-9700KF Desktop Processor 8 Cores up to 4.9 GHz Turbo Unlocked without Processor Graphics LGA1151 300 Series 95WView on Amazon
Intel Core i9-10900KF Desktop Processor 10 Cores up to 5.3 GHz Unlocked Without Processor Graphics LGA1200 (Intel 400 Series chipset) 125WView on Amazon
Last update on 2022-12-06 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
1. Can I overclock a gaming CPU?
- Overclocking is a process of overclocking a CPU to increase the clock speed. It can be achieved by increasing the voltage or by increasing the ratio of FSB/CPU frequency. More CPU cores and higher frequency are more power efficient in terms of energy consumption and heat dissipation.
2. Is a higher core count better than a faster core clock?
- Intel’s new 8th generation Core i5 and i7 processors are the best choices for gaming. These CPUs deliver great performance at a budget-friendly price.
3. Can I use my current motherboard to upgrade to a gaming CPU?
- The new Intel Core i7 processor is available in the market with a price tag that falls within the budget range. They are available in different variants, but there are some considerations to be made before purchasing one. It is advisable to go for a CPU that comes with integrated graphics for optimum performance.