External Hard Drives are a highly-efficient way to store your files. This particular model offers a blazing fast 256GB of storage capacity and is compatible with Mac, PC, and Linux computers. External Hard Drives are the best and cheapest way to store your files. They are portable, easy to use, and provide high-capacity storage. All you need is to connect your external hard drive to your computer and you're good to go!
We've put together the perfect external hard drive solution for a small business. It's small and light, with a 5mm thickness, fits in your pocket, and is powered by an amazing Samsung 500GB SSD. Plus, it comes with 5 years of Samsung Quality Service on-board, so you can expect a fast & reliable experience in all your software & hardware purchases.
WD 1TB My Passport SSD Portable External Solid State Drive. It's the perfect choice for people who want to save their data and files on the go. If you're on the move, then you need to keep your work in check. WD's My Passport SSD brings industry-leading performance and reliability combined with the eco-friendly and durable WD Solid-State Drive (SSD) technology to give you seamless backup & storage.
- 3. Best overall: Seagate Portable 2TB External Hard Drive Portable HDD
Increase your storage capacity up to 6 times with CalDigit Tuff Nano Plus 2TB. At the moment, this is the most compact external hard drive on the market. It's an ideal choice for photographers, videographers and anyone else that needs a lot of space.
- 4. Best value: WD 4TB Elements Portable External Hard Drive HDD
The fastest & lowest-cost external SSD available today, the Rapid 2TB has plenty of gigabytes of storage space. Rapid 2TB is compatible with most PC's and Macs, and will work with almost any case or enclosure in your home or office. It is also the only drive that can be formatted to NTFS on all systems. This means you can store your files anywhere without limitation.
- 5. Best durable: LaCie Rugged Mini 2TB External Hard Drive Portable HDD
With SAMSUNG SSD T7 Portable External Solid State Drive 1TB, you can stream more data at faster speed and get more storage your files to make it a great choice of hard drive.
WD_BLACK 5TB P10 Game Drive - Portable External Hard Drive HDD, Compatible with Playstation, Xbox, PC, & Mac - WDBA3A0050BBK-WESNView on Amazon
External Hard Drive 2TB Portable Hard Drive External HDD Hard Drive Compatible with Mac, PC, Laptop, Super Fast Type-C/USB 3.1 HDD (Silver-C, 2TB)View on Amazon
Seagate Portable 2TB External Hard Drive Portable HDD – USB 3.0 for PC, Mac, PS4, & Xbox - 1-Year Rescue Service (STGX2000400)View on Amazon
WD 4TB Elements Portable External Hard Drive HDD, USB 3.0, Compatible with PC, Mac, PS4 & Xbox - WDBU6Y0040BBK-WESNView on Amazon
LaCie Rugged Mini 2TB External Hard Drive Portable HDD - USB 3.0 USB 2.0 Compatible, Drop Shock Dust Rain Resistant Shuttle Drive, For Mac And PC Computer (LAC9000298)View on Amazon
LaCie Rugged USB-C 4TB External Hard Drive Portable HDD – USB 3.0, Drop Shock Dust Rain Resistant Shuttle Drive, for Mac and PC Computer Desktop Workstation Laptop, 1 Month Adobe CC (STFR4000800)View on Amazon
LaCie Rugged Mini 5TB External Hard Drive Portable HDD – USB 3.0 USB 2.0 Compatible, Drop Shock Dust Rain Resistant Shuttle Drive, for Mac and PC Computer Desktop Workstation PC Laptop (STJJ5000400)View on Amazon
Maxone 500GB Ultra Slim Portable External Hard Drive HDD USB 3.0 for PC, Mac, Laptop, PS4, Xbox one - Charcoal GreyView on Amazon
Silicon Power 2TB Rugged Portable External Hard Drive Armor A30, Shockproof USB 3.0 for PC, Mac, Xbox and PS4, BlackView on Amazon
Last update on 2023-02-07 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
1. How much storage do I need?
- The hard drive's capacity indicates just how many files you can fit on the device. While years ago, finding 250GB hard drives was common, most hard drives now measure data in terabytes or TB.
2. What's the difference between USB, USB-C and Thunderbolt?
- Many people will have to make the move from USB storage devices to external hard drives. There are many different ways that you can transfer music, movies, pictures, or apps from your phone and tablet PC to an external hard drive. We are going to take a look at some of these methods and show you how they work!
3. Does Mac or PC matter?
- External hard drives need to be formatted and some do not support certain operating systems such as Windows. To find out what format your drive needs, open the BIOS and navigate to the Advanced Setup and then select the Operating System tab. This will take you to a list of operating systems that are supported by your drive.
- The Best External Hard Drives on Amazon, Reviews by Experts
- The Best External Storage Drive as Reviewed by Experts: Top-Rated & Hot Deal for you
- The Best External Hard Drive Under 100 Reviews– Buyer’s Guide
- The Best External Hard Drive For Music Storage You Should Know About
- The Best External Hard Drive For Movies Reviews by Experts