You don't have time to set up a new account or download a fresh desktop. Don't want to spend hours searching through the cluttered lines of different cloud storage services? Do you prefer keeping your data on your device? Then it is for you! No matter what storage device you use, always keep it stored in your local disk — not hosted. You can even find your photos, videos, and documents and put them back where they belong—no more lost precious moments of your life! Now go ahead and save time and money on cloud storage!
- 1. Best Sale: WD 6TB Elements Desktop External Hard Drive, USB 3.0 external hard drive for plug-and-play storage
Sharing files is one of the most suitable ways to exchange large files between users. But it's a very cumbersome process because of its complexity when copying and streaming files requires different ways of implementation. WD 6TB Elements Desktop External Hard Drive is a high-capacity USB 3.0 drive for connecting your laptop to external hard-drive devices, making your computer faster and more reliable than ever. Unlike other USB 3.0 external hard drives, WD 6TB Elements Desktop External Hard Drive features 7-layer 3D NAND Flash memory with an ultra high-speed transfer rate up to 5Gbps SATA3 connection.
- 2. Cheapest: BUFFALO TeraStation 3420DN 4-Bay Desktop NAS 4TB (2x2TB) with HDD NAS Hard Drives Included 2.5GBE / Computer Network Attached Storage / Private Cloud
You want to run multiple servers with reliability and set it to your local network instead of a public one. What happens when your data gets infected? Your private information is exposed, and you could be subject to identity theft. With the TeraStation, you can use one server in the office for everything: video editing, photo editing, emails, etc. It has a built-in file manager that lets you quickly browse and back up your essential files. The TeraStation is a versatile data center solution that runs worldwide. No matter what you're doing, it has everything you need.
- 3. Best overall: BUFFALO TeraStation 3420DN 4-Bay Desktop NAS 8TB (4x2TB) with HDD NAS Hard Drives Included 2.5GBE / Computer Network Attached Storage / Private Cloud / NAS Storage/ Network Storage
BUFFALO TeraStation 3420DN 4-bay desktop NAS delivers the power needed for home or small business users to store large files, movies, music, and other data. It combines 4 HDDs in a desktop chassis with 8TB (2.5GB/s) storage capacity. It offers an easy-to-use portable network-attached storage (NAS) drive that fits quickly into a laptop or desktop computer's PCI Express slot. This makes it ideal for sharing large files across multiple computers in a home office.
- 4. Best value: WD Diskless My Cloud Pro Series PR4100 Network Attached Storage - NAS - WDBNFA0000NBK-NESN
Network Attached Storage (NAS) is an indispensable component of your storage network. As your network storage device, it keeps your data in a safe, local store and allows you to access it conveniently from anywhere at any time. Your NAS can be used for backup, file sharing, management, virtualization, and more. The WD Diskless My Cloud Pro Series PR4100 Network Attached Storage - NAS is built from the ground up with a highly-efficient design that lets you create a complete data center in your home or small office—all without a power cord.
- 5. Best durable: Asustor AS5202T - 2 Bay NAS, 2.0GHz Dual-Core, 2 2.5GbE Ports, 2GB RAM DDR4, Gaming Network Attached Storage, Personal Private Cloud
Asustor is a personal cloud storage solution that lets you use one computer for multiple purposes: personal use, work, and sharing documents across your networks. Working with Asustor can be both confusing and frustrating. The guides are minimal, the documentation is outdated and confusing, and the support is not helpful. Asustor can be a big time-saver for power users. With Asustor's file sync features and intelligent metadata, you can sync multiple files in seconds without any worries about a computer going to sleep or needing to restart it.
WD 6TB Elements Desktop External Hard Drive, USB 3.0 external hard drive for plug-and-play storage - WDBWLG0060HBK-NESNView on Amazon
BUFFALO TeraStation 3420DN 4-Bay Desktop NAS 4TB (2x2TB) with HDD NAS Hard Drives Included 2.5GBE / Computer Network Attached Storage / Private Cloud / NAS Storage/ Network Storage / File ServerView on Amazon
BUFFALO TeraStation 3420DN 4-Bay Desktop NAS 8TB (4x2TB) with HDD NAS Hard Drives Included 2.5GBE / Computer Network Attached Storage / Private Cloud / NAS Storage/ Network Storage / File ServerView on Amazon
Asustor AS5202T - 2 Bay NAS, 2.0GHz Dual-Core, 2 2.5GbE Ports, 2GB RAM DDR4, Gaming Network Attached Storage, Personal Private Cloud (Diskless)View on Amazon
Buffalo LinkStation SoHo 720 16TB 2-Bay NAS Network Attached Storage with HDD Hard Drives Included NAS Storage That Works as Small Office and Home Cloud or Network Storage Device for Home OfficeView on Amazon
BUFFALO LinkStation 710 4TB 1-Bay Home Office Private Cloud Data Storage with Hard Drives Included/Computer Network Attached Storage/NAS Storage/Network Storage/Media Server/File ServerView on Amazon
TERRAMASTER F4-421 NAS 4-Bay Cloud Storage Apollo Quad Core 1.5GHz Plex Media Server Network Storage (Diskless)View on Amazon
Last update on 2022-12-06 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
1. Is cloud better than NAS?
- Price is a significant consideration when adopting cloud services. Most cloud services offer a few gigabytes of storage for free, and if you can stay within this limit, then the cloud is the best option.
2. What is the best long term storage device?
- CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray are very costly to produce. The production of these discs will lead to unsustainable prices.
3. Can I have my own cloud storage at home?
- The benefit of cloud storage is that it doesn't require any upfront data provisioning. You can use it to back up files, execute scripts and even change your mind about what you want your files to be called.