The Micro ATX motherboard ecosystem is vast, with many great and affordable motherboards available in the market. But as always, there are also tons of budget options. Many buyers want to buy the cheapest motherboard they can find, yet they want to research before buying. Cost & quality can be a significant deterrent when purchasing the most affordable motherboard (which could even affect your shipping cost).
- 1. Best Sale: ASRock B450M PRO4 AM4 AMD Promontory B450 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
SATA 6Gb/s gives you the power and flexibility to accelerate data transfer rates from your storage devices to your PC and beyond. ASRock's Pro4+ platform increases your PCI-E bandwidth with 8 SATA 6Gb/s ports. This board supports 2nd gen Ryzen CPUs (ROSEMEAN32, RHOC) and Intel® Core™.
AMD A320, 1C/2C DDR4 Memory on New 1080p Gaming Graphics Card. MSI ProSeries 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Gen Ryzen™ processors equipped with MSI Aftermarket Cooling Solutions. That is the fastest-growing market segment in the PC market that overshadows the x86 part. PCIe Gen3 X1 General purpose Single board PC and PC convertibles are increasingly becoming a trend in the premium gaming market, slowly but steadily moving to AM4 compatible motherboards.
- 3. Best overall: ASUS Prime B450M-A II AMD AM4 (Ryzen 5000, 3rd/2nd/1st Gen Ryzen Micro ATX Motherboard
With the 7th generation Ryzen micro-ATX motherboards, ASUS created the highest performing yet affordable AM4 motherboard. It features a PCI express slot, USB 3.1 Gen 2 front panel header, multimedia port with full-size HDMI, i/o shield, and six-pin power header. It also supports AMD's X470 motherboard chipset so that you can overclock to 2160 MHz on your CPU's native frequency.
- 4. Best value: ASUS Prime B550M-A WiFi AMD AM4 Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 & 3rd Gen Ryzen Micro ATX Motherboard
We are betting on the new Intel Coffee Lake processors that improve every CPU for gaming, GPU rendering, and workflow tasks! Designed for the DX12 API and Vulkan API-driven applications, it features a sleek RGB lighting system with ASUS Aura in sync with the ASUS Aura Sync app for easy customization of lighting effects.
- 5. Best durable: MSI ProSeries AMD Ryzen 1st and 2ND Gen AM4 M.2 USB 3 DDR4 D-Sub DVI HDMI Micro-ATX Motherboard
The MSI ProSeries motherboard has AMD Ryzen processor support, up to AMD 7nm Zen+ architecture in Ryzen series and up to Intel 10nm in 9th Gen; and features Gigabit LAN with full-size M.2 onboard and 3x PCIe Gen3 x4 slot. This motherboard is equipped with USB 3.1 Gen2 (10 Gbps), USB Type-C (USB-C), Dual HDMI ports, and two display outputs are supported without any problem!
MSI ProSeries AMD A320 1st, 2nd, 3rd Gen Ryzen Compliant AM4 DDR4 HDMI DVI M.2 USB 3 Micro-ATX Motherboard (A320M-A PRO MAX)View on Amazon
ASUS Prime B450M-A II AMD AM4 (Ryzen 5000, 3rd/2nd/1st Gen Ryzen Micro ATX Motherboard (128GB DDR4, 4400 O.C.), NVMe, HDMI 2.0b/DVI/D-Sub, USB 3.2 Gen 2, BIOS Flashback, and Aura Sync)View on Amazon
ASUS Prime B550M-A WiFi AMD AM4 Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 & 3rd Gen Ryzen Micro ATX Motherboard (PCIe 4.0, WiFi 6, ECC Memory, 1Gb LAN, HDMI 2.1/D-Sub, [email protected], Addressable Gen 2 RGB Header and Aura Sync)View on Amazon
MSI ProSeries AMD Ryzen 1st and 2ND Gen AM4 M.2 USB 3 DDR4 D-Sub DVI HDMI micro-ATX Motherboard (B450M PRO-M2 Max) (B450MPM2MAX)View on Amazon
MSI ProSeries AMD Ryzen 2ND and 3rd Gen AM4 M.2 USB 3 DDR4 D-Sub DVI HDMI Micro-ATX Motherboard (B450M PRO-VDH Max)View on Amazon
ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-PLUS AMD AM4 (3rd Gen Ryzen Micro ATX Gaming Motherboard (PCIe 4.0, 2.5Gb LAN, BIOS Flashback, HDMI 2.1, USB 3.2 Gen 2, Addressable Gen 2 RGB Header and Aura Sync)View on Amazon
GIGABYTE B450 AORUS M (AMD Ryzen AM4/Micro ATX/M.2 Thermal Guard/HDMI/DVI/USB 3.1 Gen 2/DDR4/Motherboard)View on Amazon
ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-PLUS (WiFi 6) AMD AM4 (3rd Gen Ryzen microATX Gaming Motherboard (PCIe 4.0, 2.5Gb LAN, BIOS Flashback, HDMI 2.1, USB 3.2 Gen 2, Addressable Gen 2 RGB Header and Aura Sync)View on Amazon
GIGABYTE B550M DS3H (AM4 AMD/B550/Micro ATX/Dual M.2/SATA 6Gb/s/USB 3.2 Gen 1/PCIe 4.0/HMDI/DVI/DDR4/Motherboard)View on Amazon
Last update on 2022-11-29 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
Are Micro ATX boards good for gaming?
Buying a new PC means you'll be spending a lot of money (and time) on getting everything ready, including all the cables to connect your peripherals to your system. Purchase a computer with an ATX motherboard, and you will be paying hundreds or even thousands of dollars for the components that perform the most critical job in gaming. Still, it won't give you any of the micro performance advantages.
Is microATX better than ATX?
- As for Micro-ATX, the Micro-ATX size makes it possible to squeeze ever so much power into a small case so that cooling can be added with a short fixing time. With Micro-ATX, traditional air coolers in standard air cooling systems are no longer needed because they can only do a poor job of cooling. Compared to ATX and Micro-ATX cases, common air cooler systems in ATX and Micro-ATX are
Is microATX suitable for overclocking?
- The answer is yes and no. Overclocking a motherboard by removing the power supply and using an aftermarket cooler can be bad for your CPU. Some boards like the A-TXP are known to fail, sometimes due to thermal overload, other times because they don't have enough power connectors inside them!