The 2-in-1 laptop from Acer is an excellent choice for those on a budget who want a stylish and durable convertible laptop for home or work, with access to all the essential software applications you need. It comes with an Intel i5 processor, an NVIDIA graphics card, 8 GB RAM and 256 GB SSD storage. The laptop also has a feature called "Automatic Standby," which saves your battery power while away from your computer.
Acer Aspire 5 SE is a slim and stylish 15.6-inch laptop that offers multi-touch, a cutting-edge 14nm Intel processor and a total of 4GB RAM in one machine. It is designed around the latest Intel X5 7200U chipset, providing outstanding performance and fluid user experience. A dual-core processor with 3D graphics at the back, provides smooth gaming and an excellent multimedia experience.
Lenovo IdeaPad 1 Laptop is a great alternative to an otherwise expensive laptop, while still offering its incredible performance, storage, mobility and ease-of-use. It makes it easy to work in the office or anywhere else. Converts your laptop into a convertible touch tablet, with a full-screen touch, detachable screen and keyboard, and battery life up to 14 hours.
- 3. Best overall: MSI GF65 Gaming Laptop: 15.6" 144Hz FHD 1080p
MSI's new GF65 Gaming laptop is the perfect companion for your gaming sessions. MSI's G-Sync technology delivers gamers the smoothest and most stable display with today's fastest graphics cards. It also boosts performance to deliver greater frame rates and smoother gameplay experience.
The Acer Chromebook Spin 311 is a compact and light laptop designed with minimalism in mind, giving you the freedom to do what you want. The laptop features a Xenon display, an 11.6-inch full HD display with a resolution of 1920x1080, and an Intel Celeron N4020 dual-core processor with 2GB of memory.
- 5. Best durable: Lenovo Chromebook C330 2-in-1 Convertible Laptop, 11.6" HD Display
With its amazing convertible design, the Lenovo Chromebook C330 transforms into a tablet. This laptop is perfect for students and students at home who want to multitask by quickly typing up notes, reading documents and sending emails in one convenient movement. This Chromebook's fast processor ensures that you can type at blazing speed even when you're copying and pasting a long document.
Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop, 15.6 inches Full HD IPS Display, AMD Ryzen 3 3200U, Vega 3 Graphics, 4GB DDR4, 128GB SSD, Backlit Keyboard, Windows 10 in S Mode, A515-43-R19L, SilverView on Amazon
Lenovo IdeaPad 1 Laptop, 14.0" HD (1366 x 768) Display, Intel Celeron N4020 Processor, 4GB DDR4 RAM, 64 GB SSD Storage, Intel UHD Graphics 600, Windows 11 in S Mode, 81VU00D1US, Ice BlueView on Amazon
MSI GF65 Gaming Laptop: 15.6" 144Hz FHD 1080p, Intel Core i7-10750H 6 Core, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060, 16GB, 512GB NVMe SSD, WiFi 6, Red Keyboard, Win 10, Black (10UE-047)View on Amazon
Acer Chromebook Spin 311 Convertible Laptop, Intel Celeron N4020, 11.6" HD Touch, 4GB LPDDR4, 32GB eMMC, Gigabit Wi-Fi 5, Bluetooth 5.0, Google Chrome, CP311-2H-C679View on Amazon
Lenovo Chromebook C330 2-in-1 Convertible Laptop, 11.6-Inch HD (1366 x 768) IPS Display, MediaTek MT8173C Processor, 4GB LPDDR3, 64 GB eMMC, Chrome OS, 81HY0000US, Blizzard WhiteView on Amazon
Dell Inspiron 15 5510, 15.6-inch FHD Non-Touch Laptop - Intel Core i5-11300H, 8GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, Windows 10 Home - Platinum Silver (Latest Model)View on Amazon
Lenovo Chromebook Flex 5 13.3" Laptop, FHD (1920 x 1080) Touch Display, Intel Core i3-10110U Processor, 4GB DDR4 Onboard RAM, 64GB eMMC, Intel Integrated Graphics, Chrome OS, 82B80006UX, Graphite GreyView on Amazon
Lenovo IdeaPad 1 14 14.0" Laptop, 14.0" HD (1366 x 768) Display, Intel Celeron N4020 Processor, 4GB DDR4 RAM, 64 GB SSD Storage, Intel UHD Graphics 600, Win 10 in S Mode, 81VU0079US, Ice BlueView on Amazon
Dell Inspiron 14 5000 2-in-1 Convertible Laptop Computer, 14” FHD Touchscreen, 11th Gen Intel 4-Core i7-1165G7, 12GB DDR4 RAM, 512GB NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10 Pro, Wi-Fi 6, Webcam, USB-C, HDMIView on Amazon
ASUS Chromebook CX1, 11.6" HD NanoEdge Display, Intel Celeron N3350 Processor, 32GB eMMC, 4GB RAM, Spill-resistant Keyboard, Chrome OS, Transparent Silver, CX1100CNA-AS42View on Amazon
Last update on 2023-05-29 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
1. How do I choose a laptop for computer science?
- If you're interested in computer science, you will definitely need to get a laptop with excellent CPU performance. If possible, get a laptop with an Intel Core i7 or an Intel Core i5 processor. An AMD Ryzen processor is also good, but CPU performance doesn't matter that much when we talk about writing application in the cloud.
2. How Much Should I Spend on a Laptop for Computer Science?
- The best laptop value is in the $800 to $1,000 range. This sum of money can’t buy you everything, but it can help you get a decent laptop in several categories. Here I will focus on the following categories:
3. How Much Ram Do I Need for Computer Science?
- In general, 8 GB of RAM is the bare minimum suggested. Using more than one program at once, such as software development tools
- The Best 2 In 1 Laptops You Can Buy on Amazon
- The Best 2 In One You Should Know About
- The Best 2 In 1s as Reviewed by Experts: Top-Rated & Hot Deal Today
- The Best 15 2 In 1 Laptops as Reviewed by Experts: Top-Rated & Hot Deal Today
- The Best 14 2 In 1 Laptop on Amazon: 10 Great Models to Purchase